This is the highest administrative organ of the Nigeria Police force Lagos state command responsible for the finance and administration of the Command. It is headed by Ag.CP Imohimi O. Edgar.
The primary functions of Department of Finance and Administration are as follows:
- General Administration of the command;
- Administration of Policies and Procedures relating to command finance;
- Policy formulation and implementation;
- Covering of the Command tenders Board;
- Police Insurance Welfare Scheme;
- Periodic review of all Command standing orders;
- Enforcement of discipline among members of the Command; and
- Designing and implementing command Policy/ Programmes on Welfare.
The Department has the following sections to actualise its function:
- Central Administration: This section functions as the hub of administrative activities of the Command. The section liaise with all other Units of Department of Finance and Administration for the accomplishment of the overall objectives of the department.
- State Provost Marshal: the State Provost Department was established in November 1986. It is directly responsible to CP Department of Finance and A. A Commissioner of Police, who is designated as the State Provost Marshal, heads the section. The section is responsible for maintaining discipline in the State.
- Police Public Relations Office (PPRO): This department is charged with Public Relations duties for the Nigeria Police. By its nature, the office launders the image of the Command, monitors, manages and disseminates information concerning the Command; and forms a liaison between the Command and the public whom the Police have a duty to protect. It is headed by ASP Famous Cole Olarinde.
- Nigeria Police Medical Services: The Section was established in 1975 with the primary function of rendering health care services to serving members of the Force, retirees of the Force, their immediate families, detainees in Police cells and civilians working in the establishment. The Police Medical Service also render health care services to the general public in cases of emergency such as road traffic accidents, robbery victims, flood, fire disasters etc.
- Police Printing Press: The Police Printing Press was established in 1965 to produce books and stationary for official use in the Force throughout the Federation.
- CP X Squad